What I Deserve

You said, "He did so many things to hurt you, I don't understand how you can love him."

And for once in my life, I had no words.
My pen was stilled, the river of words that usually flow across my tongue ran dry.

How could I explain it to you?
How could I explain that I found it easier to love him as he hurt me.

Like the cuts let the love in.
And the bruises made me more sensitive to his touch.

The bad times made the good times seem glorious.

And that's something I'll never be able to explain to you, I can't even explain it to myself.

But one of my favorite authors summed it up perfectly "we accept the love we think we deserve."

And I'll never deserve you.



Comments

  1. You deserve so much more than him. its good you two broke up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's the person you think you will never deserve?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want you to figure out why
    This makes me bleed from my eyes,
    makes me skin crawl makes me ask myself
    Why does this make me feel so alone?
    like the only one who noticed didn't notice at all
    she just pretended
    she was filled love but couldn't spend it
    so dependent on relying on herself
    just forget it
    and now I figured out now,
    that I'm tired of alone
    All I want is somebody
    I can have and can hold
    but not like that and
    I know you don't feel that way
    about me but,
    you should know that I'm here to stay
    Forever.
    Like I'll never leave you alone
    Until you realize that i
    was never in love with someone else
    I was looking for love right when you came around
    and then you acted like
    What you wanted was not what had been found
    _TheBoyWhoLetMeReadHisWriting_

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In all honesty