Because this needs to be shared

I didn't write this but it needs to be shared. Also, dear anonymous, it's okay to be scared

"I wrote something. I want to share it. Too nervous to take credit. It just needs to be out there.


Over Life.

I get scared.
A lot.
Not over scary movies or haunted houses.
Over life.
It's scary.

A grandpa.
The best man I've known.
Loses everything because of someone else's lie. 
He's diagnosed with cancer.
He's getting better.
The suspense is building.
It's scary.

A boy.
A player.
I'm playing with fire.
I know it.
But every time he touches me my body goes haywire. 
I'm falling.
It's scary.

A brother.
22.
Single.
Living at home.
Gets joy out of people's pain.
I love him so much.
He doesn't understand that love. 
I just want my brother.
It's scary.

A job.
Lost over a year ago.
The new one is a work in progress.
Can't pay my school fees.
Mom is scared.
Dad feels like a failure sometimes.
It's scary.

Love.
We give it.
A piece of ourselves.
And hope that it is taken care of.
We risk it.
And hope that risk pays off. 
When we love so deeply we have the potential to be seriously hurt.
It's scary.

So that's my problem.
I love so much.
I can be broken apart.
Irreparable. 
It's scary."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Astronomer

What I Deserve